Thursday, May 24, 2012

ALONE by Jenielle(written 9-20-92)

As I wallow in that which is so unfamiliar, I realize that I am alone. There is not one soul, who is here with me. I am a foreigner in a place that is not to be called my own. I have a heart, which is lost in this place that is so different. As I am alone, I feel no peace with myself. But my heart feels hope, although it continues to feel hurt. I see a road, full of new beginnings, of light in a place which is so dark. I hear the soft melody playing as the flowers begin to dance in the brightness. I smell the roses, which perk my nostrils, as the aroma lightens my day. From one extreme to another, it is difficult to see the light which is up ahead. The pain which burns my heart, is yet so strong, but the love which is inside, will help me hold on. To each day, I see happiness, and the eve, I see joy, for without the hope of freedom, my heart would be destroyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment